How much is delivery and long will it take to receive my item?
Free delivery is given on all items ordered through this website. Items are delivered in 1-3 working days. For guaranteed next day delivery, please call our sales office on 0121 351 4444.
Below you will find a checklist for both the Upright and Tub vacuum cleaners. Together with the machines instruction booklet, common problems that can occur can hopefully be rectified without the need for any “down-time” or the assistance of an engineer.
Should you be unable to get your machine working we will be happy to send out an engineer. Please call customer services on 0121 351 4444.
When you phone please have the serial number of your machine to hand and we ask that you provide us with an order number in case the fault is not covered by our warranty. If you require a quote on any repair work required, please ask your service engineer before he starts the repairs. Obviously should the fault be found to be covered by our warranty you will not be charged.
TUB VAC MAINTENANCE:
SYMPTOM – Machine is not picking up.
QUESTION – Is the Motor working?
ANSWER – YES.
QUESTION – Is the motor working but cutting out from time to time?
ANSWER – YES - then it is BLOCKED and the thermal overload protector has been activated.
1. Switch off and unplug the appliance from the mains supply.
2. Remove the motor head from the dust container.
3. Remove the Cloth Filter assembly - if it is covered in dust then shake out or clean with another vacuum cleaner.
4. If the paper bag is two thirds full then remove and replace with a new paper bag. Check the inlet is clear of any debris. When fitting a new bag ensure that It is securely fitted on to the inlet and opened out inside the container as much as possible. This will enable the bag to fill up with dust unhindered and expose a greater filter area, which will improve performance.
5. Check that the black sponge filter on the underside of the motor head is clean, If necessary brush off any dust. If the filter is badly contaminated it can be removed for cleaning or replacement - a cross point screwdriver will be necessary for removing the four holding screws.
6. Refit the motor head onto the container.
7. Switch machine on and put your hand over inlet to check suction.
8. If you can feel your hand being sucked into the container the machine is ok.
9. Attach hose and put hand over the other end. If suction is reduced then the hose must be BLOCKED.
10. UNBLOCKING HOSE
a) Remove hand grip by tuning in a clockwise direction.
b) Look down hose from both ends.
c) Look in hand grip from both ends.
11. Attach tubes and floor tool having checked for obstructions.
12. If floor tool is worn or damaged this will affect the performance of the machine.
NILCO COMBI UPRIGHT VACUUM CLEANERS OPERATION & MAINTENANCE:
(Extracts from Instructions for Use)
SYMPTOM – Machine is not picking up.
QUESTION: Is the Red light on the canister on?
ANSWER: YES – Then it is BLOCKED.
1. Check paper bag – Replace if it is full.
2. Check motor filter – clean or replace if dirty.
3. Remove paper bag to see if inlet to canister is blocked. Close door.
4. If red light still comes on then remove hose from machine. If red light goes out the blockage must be in hose or base.
5. Attach hose only. If red light comes on then blockage is in hose. Reverse hose, repeatedly switching machine on and off to clear blockage.
6. To clear base of machine, switch off and remove plug from mains supply. Remove bottom plate and clear obstruction. Replace bottom plate ensuring it is clamped at the front.
QUESTION: Is the Red light on the base on? (electronic version only).
ANSWER: YES – Then the brush has stopped.
1. Switch off and remove plug from mains supply.
2. Remove the bottom plate and clear any obstruction around the brush.
3. Check if drive belt is broken.
4. Check roller brush is in No. 1 position if new brush or No. 2 position (end caps are painted red in No. 2 position) if worn brush.
5. Replace bottom plate (cleaning metal strips if necessary), ensuring it is clamped at the front.
6. Turn machine onto its back and lower the handle so you can see two buttons at the bottom of the canister, one brown and one white. The WHITE button has an ‘IMPORTANT’ label above it. Push the white button inwards. Stand machine in upright position and connect to mains supply before switching on. The brush will only switch on in the operating position (i.e. when you lower the handle).
If No red lights are on then:-
1. Check the straight tube at the back of the machine is in place.
2. Check the height adjustment pedal. If the setting is too low for a high pile carpet then the brush might cut out (or belt might break or stretch). See No. 6. If the setting is too high for a low pile carpet then the brush will not be working.
3. Check the air vent on the hose is closed.
4. Check the hose is connected correctly at both ends.
5. Check that the bottom plate is fitted correctly.
6. Check to see if drive belt is broken or stretched. You might smell burning rubber if this has happened.
7. Check roller brush to see if it needs to be put in its ‘Worn’ brush position or if there are no bristles then replace it with a new brush.